Bridges to Employment Program
Looking for work but finding difficulty in getting past the first interview?
This program may be for you!
The Bridges to Employment Program focusses on assisting and supporting migrants to understand the Australian work environment, including work culture, employment search processes and exposure to various workplaces.
It includes opportunities for the local community to gain a wider understanding of the issues facing migrants in looking for work and integrating into the local community.
The project, however, does not involve finding work for migrants, nor does it guarantee a job.
The program consists of three broad phases:
- Identification of major barriers facing migrants in obtaining work in their chosen field or commensurate with their qualifications.
- Provision of education, work exposure, search skills including English language for the work environment, to the migrant community.
- Industry and community seminars and workshops focused on building mutual understanding of the changing cultural mix in our local community.
The program provides:
- English pronunciation classes
- Work culture exposure in various workplaces
- Education and understanding of Australian society, especially relating to work, finances, and the law
- Practical assistance in understanding Australian culture including what it takes to understand the job market
- Contact with individuals and families while searching for work
- Access to the Boroondara Social Support Network for ongoing social support
To register your interest in the Bridges to Employment program, please contact us.
||Open to all migrants, without discrimination
||Norman Gale, Community Services Director
emergency relief | financial counselling | doorways | laugh & grow healthy | lunch program
thrift shop | positive lifestyle | bridges to employment